Elon Musk has penned another bizarre Twitter rant, in which he seems to double down on the baseless 'pedo' remark he made about one of the Thai cave rescuers.
On Wednesday (local time), the Tesla and SpaceX CEO retweeted an article written in response to his emotional interview with The New York Times last week.
- Elon Musk's tears send Tesla shares plummeting
- There can be only one Elon Musk, Twitter rules
- Elon's musk is now a stench - when will his fans admit it?
The response by Forbes was called 'A Female Founder's Take On The Tears Of Elon Musk' - a title which Musk took issue with.
"For the record, my voice cracked once during the NY Times article," Musk tweeted. "That's it. There were no tears."
The entrepreneur's comment was met with ridicule from other Twitter users including Drew Olanoff, a senior figure at investment company Scaleworks.
"Your dedication to facts and truth would have been wonderful if applied to that time when you called someone a pedo," he said.
Musk came under fire in July when he called Vern Unsworth, a British caver who led the operation to rescue a young football team from a submerged cave in Thailand, "pedo guy".
- Elon Musk slammed for calling rescue hero a 'pedo'
- Elon Musk could face legal action over 'pedo' comment
- Elon Musk apologises for labelling cave rescue diver a 'pedo'
When his accusation was questioned by other Twitter users, he refused to back down, saying: "Bet ya a signed dollar it's true."
His baseless accusation, thought to be a reference to Thailand's notorious child sex trafficking problem, was widely condemned - and Musk deleted the tweets and apologised.
However it now looks as though he's doubling down on his original remark. Musk responded to Mr Olanoff with a cryptic tweet that seemed to indicate he still believes Mr Unsworth to be a paedophile.
"You don't think it's strange he hasn't sued me?" Musk said. "He was offered free legal services."
After Musk's initial tweets, Mr Unsworth told media that he was considering suing Musk for defamation but seemed to decide against it after Musk apologised.
In Wednesday's increasingly heated Twitter exchange, Musk refused to backtrack on his 'pedo' comments, demanding to know if Mr Olanoff had "investigated at all".
"I'm guessing answer is no. Why?"
It's unclear what Musk was referring to that needed to be "investigated". His tweets are still online at the time of writing.
Musk's reputation has taken some significant hits in recent months, from his erratic social media behaviour to peculiar claims made by musician Azealia Banks.
Earlier in August, Musk was sued twice by Tesla investors over his proposal to take the company private.
In the aforementioned New York Times interview, he said the last year had been "the most difficult and painful of my career", and claimed he had been working up to 120 hours a week.