Berlin's popular KitKat Club hit by deadly bacteria

Berlin's popular KitKat Club hit by deadly bacteria
Photo credit: Getty Images

A Berlin sex club had a health scare on Saturday after a patron was rushed to hospital with deadly bacterial meningitis.

The incident prompted a city-wide alert asking for people who had been there on the night to seek medical attention if they became ill.

The KitKat Club is well known for people having sex on the dance floor. The outbreak prompted the owners to issue a statement on Facebook that read: "While infections in the club were very unlikely according to doctors and authorities, anybody suffering from symptoms should immediately see a doctor."

They also said that because the man was in "serious condition", he couldn't remember what happened at the club.

"For this reason, the Health Department decided to issue a press release. The idea was to inform as many people as possible who also visited the club last Saturday," they said.

The man had been at a BDSM party at the club, Deutsche Welle reported. Authorities did not close the club down because it was not contaminated.



Contact Newshub with your story tips: