A drug-detector dog needed to be given anti-overdose medication after reportedly snorting MDMA while screening passengers at an EDM cruise.
Jake the sniffer dog was searching passengers boarding for the Holy Ship! Dance festival in Florida this week when he reportedly found a baggie in a man's pocket, and accidently ingested drugs. He managed to give an alert before he suddenly fell ill.
- Drug testing uncovers more laced pills at music festival
- Pesticide-laced pills at Rhythm and Vines prompts warning about drug safety
- No time to be 'high and mighty' about drug-testing at festivals - Stuart Nash
"Jake started having some problems with balance and had some type of seizure incident of some sort, was showing effects of having inhaled some substance," Brevard County Sheriff Tod Goodyear says.
Jake was taken to a vet and administered medicine. He's now in a stable condition and is expected to make a full recovery.
A passenger attempting to board the cruise, 33-year-old Leslie Bennett, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance without prescription and possession of drug paraphernalia and equipment.
Local media reports he was found with a small bag hidden in his underwear which tested positive for MDMA (ecstasy) and amphetamines.
Holy Ship! organisers warn they have a "zero tolerance" policy for drugs and they are disappointed some people "reflect poorly" on their festival.
"Every person and each piece of luggage will be inspected by dogs trained to detect explosives and contraband," organisers said.
"Anyone found to be violating the law and/or in possession of illegal substances or prohibited items will be arrested and banned from future events."