The California father who shackled some of his 13 children to their beds and starved them in the so-called 'House of Horrors' hopes they will forgive him.
David Turpin, and his wife Louise, were arrested last year when their 17-year-old daughter escaped their family home and called police.
Officers found the children, aged from two years old to 29, had been starved to the extent that it had stunted their growth, while some had also been beaten and put in cages.
Last week, the pair pleaded guilty to torture and other charges of abuse.
Now, the father's sister, Elizabeth Flores, has revealed details of a private conversation with David, in which she says he said he still wanted to have a relationship with his children.
"He kept hoping the kids would come visit him in jail," she told US media outlet RadarOnline.
"'I hope the kids can forgive me'," Ms Flores said he told her.
The couple will be sentenced to life in prison on April 13, with a no parole period of 25 years.
The 13 children have since been rehomed, with those under 18 going into foster homes, and the older children being housed under state care.