One of the suicide bombers involved in the Sri Lanka Easter-attacks calmly waited in line for a buffet breakfast before setting off his explosives.
More than 200 people were killed and at least 450 injured in bomb blasts that ripped through churches and luxury hotels in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday. Seven people have subsequently been arrested while no group has officially claimed responsibility.
- Death toll rises to 207 in Sri Lanka Easter Sunday bombings
- Jacinda Ardern condemns horrific Sri Lanka bombings as 'devastating'
The manager of the Cinnamon Grand hotel in Colombo told AFP that the man had checked into the hotel under the name Mohamed Azzam Mohamed the night before the attack.
On Sunday morning the bomber was observed picking up a plate and joining the queue for the breakfast buffet then triggering a blast just before being served.
"There was utter chaos, it was 8:30am and it was busy, it was families. He came up to the top of the queue and set off the blast," he said.
"One of our managers who was welcoming guests was among those killed instantly."
Several hotels in Colombo were targeted in the attacks. The Shangri-La, the Kingsbury, the Cinnamon Grand and the Tropical Inn near the national zoo.
There was no word on casualties in the hotels, but a witness told local TV he saw some body parts, including a severed head, lying on the ground beside the Tropical Inn.
The Shangri-La said in a statement that the bomb hit at approximately 9am local time at its Table One restaurant.
"We are deeply saddened and shocked by the incident and our thoughts and prayers are with the families of the casualties and those who have been affected," it said.
The Kingsbury said on its Facebook page: "On behalf of the entire Kingsbury team we share in the shock, grief and mourning of our entire nation in the aftermath of the recent attack."
"Medical evacuation and treatment of the injured guests and employees were handled immediately." The hotel added that it had been "isolated" for further safety checks.