'That Bitch is dead!': Post announcing murder of Dee Dee Blanchard still live, nearly four years later

A Facebook post that says "That bitch is dead!"
The post. Photo credit: Facebook/Dee Gyp Blancharde

A post announcing the murder of Dee Dee Blanchard is still live on Facebook, on her own page, nearly four years after her death.

"That Bitch is dead!" the post says, with more than 100 comments from friends begging for more information. 

A drama series about the case recently started streaming on Hulu and Lightbox.

Dee Dee's body was discovered in her bed in the home she shared with her daughter Gypsy Blanchard in Springfield, Missouri, in June 2015.  At the time it was believed Gypsy was severely disabled and needed a wheelchair.

An investigation revealed Dee Dee was stabbed to death by Gypsy's boyfriend Nick Godejohn, after Gypsy let him into the house and provided him with duct tape and a knife.

The pair fled, announcing on Dee Dee and Gypsy's shared Facebook page two days later that Dee Dee was dead. Godejohn later claimed in a comment on the post to have raped Gypsy. Dee Dee's friends initially asked if her account had been hacked, and then asked people to call the police.

Godejohn's comment is no longer available, but the original post and other comments remain. The thread ends with a link to an article about the murder, announcing Gypsy could walk.

It was revealed later that Gypsy, in her early 20s at the time of the murder, was physically healthy and did not suffer any of the myriad illnesses and disabilities her mother claimed she had. They were made up by Dee Dee, who forced Gypsy to play along as she accepted gifts from charities given to her to help with her daughter's supposed disability.

The pair lived in a house made especially for them by Habitat for Humanity, and enjoyed free trips to Walt Disney World and concerts.

Gypsy's father also regularly sent monthly child support payments, but Dee Dee told neighbours he was an abusive alcoholic uninvolved in his daughter's life.

Godejohn was sentenced to life in prison after being convicted of first-degree murder. Gypsy accepted a plea bargain and was sentenced to 10 years in prison for second-degree murder.