An 18-year-old girl died in the UK on Monday (local time) following an apparent ecstasy overdose, according to local reports.
- UK police issue warnings over potentially lethal Donald Trump MDMA pills
- Super strong MDMA pills circulating in New Zealand
- MDMA is purer, more readily available than ever in New Zealand
A number of media outlets have identified the victim as Courtney Chamberlin, who apparently collapsed at the west Yorkshire nightclub.
"Taking illegal substances is incredibly dangerous and I would urge anyone considering doing so to think twice before doing so," Detective Inspector Amanda Wimbles said in a statement. "We are supporting the family of the deceased."
Emergency services were called to the club about 3:20am on Monday. She was pronounced dead a short time after being rushed to hospital, the Yorkshire Evening Post reported.
No further details about the victim have been released.
Sky News says a 19-year-old man was arrested "on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of class A drugs". Local media report that he is still in police custody.