When you go to the doctor for a checkup, you wouldn't expect them to find a venomous brown spider in your ear.
Well that's exactly what happened to one US woman. Susie Torres, from Kansas, spoke to local news source Fox4 about the incident last week.
She woke up last Tuesday morning feeling like she had water in her ear, thinking it was a reaction to an allergy shot.
Torres then went to get her ears examined, when doctors discovered the creepy crawly, Fox4 reports.
- Why you don't live in Australia: Terrified Queensland woman requests help to remove huge spider
- Terrified Queensland family trapped by 'angry' monster spider
- Thousands of spiders found in huge 'glistening' web in Papamoa
"Gross. Why, where, what and how?
"The medical assistant came to check me out, and she's the one who noticed it [the spider]," Torres told Fox4.
It made for a slightly on-edge morning for Torres, but doctors managed to remove the spider with no issues.
According to PestWorld, the reclusive brown spider is known for its "secretive behaviours". Torres was luckily not bitten, although they are known to bite when they feel trapped.
Its venom can cause "severe allergic reactions", particularly in people with pre-existing medical issues, PestWorld says.
Torres told Fox4 she slept with cotton balls in her ears the night after it happened.
"I'm shaking off my clothes, and I don't put my purse on the floor. I'm a little more cautious."