South Australia will come out of COVID-19 lockdown three days early after it came to light one of the states' cases had lied to contact tracers.
The state entered a strict six-day lockdown on Wednesday after 36 new infections were recorded.
One of the positive cases had told authorities he caught the virus after picking up a pizza - but he actually worked at the shop which increased his exposure to the virus, ABC reports.
If the man had been truthful, the lockdown could have been avoided.
Premier Steven Marshall says he is "absolutely livid" at the actions of the person.
"We know now that they lied. To say that I'm fuming is an understatement...I will not let the disgraceful conduct of a single individual keep SA in these circuit breaker conditions one day longer than what is necessary."
Police commissioner Grant Stevens said the worker would not be fined or charged to ensure that people with information aren't forced underground for fear of punishment.
"This person's failure to be truthful with contact tracers means his close associates - who we understand he's had close contact with - haven't been identified and are currently in the community," Stevens said.
Despite this, officials said they would lift the lockdown on Saturday - three days earlier than planned - after recording only three new cases on Friday.
From midnight Saturday, groups of up to 50 people will be allowed at private functions and funerals, up to 10 people can go to a private residence and up to 100 people can attend a pub or restaurant with certain restrictions in place.