Viewers are stunned that Fox News broke away from a Trump campaign press conference where the Democrat party was being accused of "welcoming fraud" and "illegal voting".
The right-wing news network has traditionally been seen as an ally of Donald Trump, parroting many of his views without evidence and attacking his opponents.
But since the US election last week and Trump's flurry of inaccurate electoral claims, the Murdoch-owned media outlet has been more critical in its coverage.
That was on full display on Tuesday morning when Fox News showed a press conference by Kayleigh McEnany, the White House press secretary.
McEnany said that there was "one party in American that opposes verifying signatures, citizenship, residency, eligibility".
"There is only one party in America trying to keep observers out of the count room, and that party, my friends, is the Democrat Party."
She went on to make several claims, such as that Democrats opposed transparency of the voting process, presenting no evidence of such.
Trump and his team have repeatedly made unsubstantiated claims since the election which have prompted criticism from other Republicans and been censored on social media platforms. The US President continues to claim he won the election and that people are trying to "steal" it from him.
McEnany said Democrats opposed measures to create transparency because "[they] are welcoming fraud and [they] are welcoming illegal voting". She said every legal vote must be counted.
At that point, Fox News host Neil Cavuto can be heard speaking and then McEnany is muted.
"Woah, woah, woah. I just think we have to be very clear: She is charging the other side as welcoming fraud and welcoming illegal voting. Unless she has more details to back that up, I can't in good countenance continue showing you this," Cavuto said.
Cavuto accused McEnany of making an "explosive charge", but promised he would show her press conference again if she provided proof to back up her allegations.
Many online were shocked - but also gladdened - by Fox News' decision.
"Just saw it. Wow," said one person.
"Thank you for actually being an honest and responsible news anchor Cavuto," another wrote on Twitter.
"Maybe they should have been more of this over the 4+ past years," a third added.
It's not the first time US networks have recently cut away from misinformation spread by the Trump team.
When the US President himself was speaking last week, many television outlets decided to break away when he began making unfounded accusations and claims.
"Here we are again in the unusual position of not only interrupting the president of the United States but correcting the president of the United States. It was not rooted in reality - and at this point, where our country is, it's dangerous," Brian Williams of MCNBC said.
While most major news networks have projected Joe Biden as the winner of the US election - pointing to his large lead in battleground states like Georgia, Pennsylvania and Arizona - Trump has refused to concede. Instead, he has assembled a team to take legal action in many states without yet providing any corroborating evidence for his accusations.
Some of the legal requests have already been thrown out of court, but the US Supreme Court has ordered that ballots received in Pennsylvania after election day be separated from those received before.
In the state, any ballots received three days after election day can be counted as long as they are postmarked before November 3. But, that has been contested by Republicans.