Buckingham Palace has confirmed Prince Harry is planning to attend the funeral service for Prince Philip, but his pregnant wife Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, has been advised not to travel by her physician.
During an interview with Oprah Winfrey last month, which plunged the royal family into its greatest crisis in decades, Meghan said her pleas for help while she felt suicidal were ignored and one unnamed member of the family had asked how dark their unborn child's skin might be.
Prince Harry also bemoaned his family's reaction to their decision to step back from official duties and move to LA.
A Buckingham Palace spokesman confirmed Prince Harry, who has moved to LA after giving up royal duties, was planning to attend the funeral.
"The Duke of Sussex is planning to attend," the spokesman said. "The Duchess of Sussex has been advised by her physician not to travel."
Prince Philip died aged 99 on Friday (local time). His funeral service will be held at St George's Chapel in Windsor Castle next weekend, preceded by a national minute's silence.
Buckingham Palace stressed the service would be held in line with Government coronavirus guidelines, meaning members of the royal family, including the Queen, would be expected to wear a mask.
Reuters / Newshub.