Five children and one adult have been treated after a hydrochloric acid spill in a Sydney aquatic centre left them struggling to breathe.
Emergency services were called to Hurstville Aquatic Centre in south Sydney following reports of a "strong toxic smell" at around 10:15am on Monday (local time).
Fire and Rescue NSW (FRNSW) said 150 people were rushed out of the facility.
"They discovered a fault with the storage of some strong acids used to decontaminate the pool," a FRNSW spokesperson told The Australian.
"Six people have been affected by the fumes. Firefighters immediately began to render first aid and there have been 150 people in total evacuated from the aquatic centre.
"We've also got hazmat crews on scene, and they'll be helping to resolve the incident."
One child and an adult were transported to hospital.
The incident is now contained and 15 firefighters are working to ventilate the swimming centre.