Warning: This article discusses suicide and contains details that may disturb some people.
A 29-year-old woman has died after a man jumped from a building in San Diego, landing on her and crushing her to death.
In a statement, the San Diego coroner said Taylor Kahle was walking in the city with a friend on Sunday evening (local time) when a man jumped from the ninth floor of a building in an attempted suicide.
The man landed on Kahle where she sustained critical injuries. She died at the scene despite attempts to revive her.
Paramedics were called to take the man to a local medical centre where he too died, the coroner said.
NBC 7 reported the person walking with Kahle, a man she was on a date with, was not injured.
Friends are remembering Kahle as a kind person who "had so much more to give".
"She was one of the good ones," friend and workmate Laurel McFarlane told NBC.
"Just this beautiful person, who had this incredible life ahead of them, is gone - in such a tragic way."
A memorial for Kahle was held on Monday night, CBS 8 reported.
Where to find help and support:
- Shine (domestic violence) - 0508 744 633
- Women's Refuge - 0800 733 843 (0800 REFUGE)
- Need to Talk? - Call or text 1737
- What's Up - 0800 WHATS UP (0800 942 8787)
- Lifeline - 0800 543 354 or (09) 5222 999 within Auckland
- Youthline - 0800 376 633, text 234, email email@example.com or online chat
- Samaritans - 0800 726 666
- Depression Helpline - 0800 111 757
- Suicide Crisis Helpline - 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO)
- Shakti Community Council - 0800 742 584