A British mother called her husband to tell him she couldn't breathe, moments before being killed in a house fire started by a fridge.
Charmaine Slater, 56, died in her home in Caldicot, Monmouthshire last year in May.
BBC reports the inquest into her death reveals she could not be reached by firefighters t the time because of the aggression of the fire- and was found dead in her bedroom next to the family's two dogs.
Her son told how she rang her husband, Gary Slate, as the fire began to grow trapping her upstairs.
"Mum was trapped inside. Dad told me mum had rung him and said smoke was coming from downstairs and she was trapped in the bedroom. She then rang again to say she couldn’t breathe."
The inquest into the death confirmed Ms Slater called her husband for help but did not call the emergency services.
Fire investigator Mark Samuel said to BBC the only way to escape the fire was through an upstairs window.
Unfortunately, Slater could have escaped but has a brain haemorrhage, paralysing her entire left side so used a mobility scooter to move around.
Samuel said the fire most likely began in the kitchen "the fridge freezer was the most probable cause."
Senior coroner for Gwent Caroline Saunders determined the cause of death was choking smoke and heat
Slater’s family said "For those who knew Charmaine knew she was a loving mother, grandmother, and wife.
"Charmaine absolutely loved her music and would often ride her mobility scooter to the shops, blasting her favourite reggae tunes."