Kylie Jenner has been named by Forbes magazine as one of the top five richest celebrities in the US for 2018.
- GoFundMe created to help get Kylie Jenner's net worth to $1 billion
- Kim Kardashian defends Kylie Jenner's fortune as 'self-made'
The makeup mogul is a new addition to the list of 'America's Wealthiest Celebrities,' tying for fifth place with rapper Jay-Z.
Jenner and Jay-Z both have a net worth of US$900 million, with a hefty chunk of Jenner's fortune coming from her make up brand, Kylie Cosmetics.
The Keeping Up With The Kardashians star is edged out by the likes of Oprah Winfrey, Michael Jordan and Stephen Spielberg, all of whom have fortunes in the billions. Star Wars creator George Lucas leads the list, with a whopping US$5.4 billion net worth.
Earlier this year, Forbes reported that Jenner was on-track to become the "youngest self-made billionaire" ever if her empire continued to grow as it has for the past three years.
Famous for its Kylie Lip Kits, Kylie Cosmetics has sold at least US$630 million worth of cosmetics, with around half of that being made in 2017 alone.
Jenner owns 100 percent of the company, which she reportedly started with US$250,000 of her own modelling earnings.
The top five from Forbes' list of America's Wealthiest Celebrities for 2018 reads as follows:
1. George Lucas - US$5.4 billion
2. Steven Spielberg - US$3.7 billion
3. Oprah Winfrey - US$2.8 billion
4. Michael Jordan- US$1.7 billion
5. Kylie Jenner and Jay-Z (tied) - US$900 million