Seth Rogen says he has no plans to work with his long-time collaborator James Franco again following allegations of sexual misconduct made against Franco in a 2019 lawsuit.
Actors Sarah Tither-Kaplan and Toni Gaal accused Franco of sexually exploiting them and other former students of his acting school, charging them hundreds of dollars to undertake sex scene masterclasses.
In a recent interview with the Sunday Times, Rogen - who worked with Franco on several movies including The Interview, Pineapple Express and The Disaster Artist - said that he "despised abuse and harassment", insisting he would "never cover or conceal the actions of someone doing it".
Rogen said he "very much regretted" a joke he had made on Saturday Night Live in 2014, in which he made a dig about Franco messaging a 17-year-old schoolgirl to ask for her number.
"And I also look back to that interview in 2018 where I comment that I would keep working with James, and the truth is that I have not and I do not plan to right now," he said.
Rogen added that the end of his professional relationship with Franco was "not a coincidence", but was reluctant to go into detail about what the controversy had done to their friendship.
"I don't know if I can define [our personal relationship] right now during this interview," he said.
"I can say it, um, you know, it has changed many things in our relationship and our dynamic."
Earlier this year, it was reported that a settlement had been reached which saw Gaal and Tither-Kaplan agree to drop the claims laid against Franco in the 2019 lawsuit.