Coklat Kurma is a very popular one-bite treat in Indonesia.
In the past, eating chocolate in Indonesia was a rare treat and only ones combined with nuts could be found. But over time, with consuming chocolate became more common, the variety of unique offerings began to increase.
One such unique recipe is the mixture of chocolate with 'kurma', or dates.
The bitter cocoa with the overpoweringly sweet date blends together perfectly, making this decadent powerhouse a treat to enjoy during celebrations such as weddings and birthdays.
- 250 g dates
- 135 g dark chocolate bar
- 50 g strawberry jam
- 10 - 15 pcs small paper cupcake liners
- 50 g pink chocolate bar
Step 1: Making Coklat Kurma
- Remove the seeds from the dates by splitting them open down the middle.
- Once split, fill each date with strawberry jam, and set aside.
- Fill a pan with water and bring to a boil.
- Put the dark chocolate in a medium-sized bowl and melt it on top of the boiling water. Use the same method to melt the pink chocolate.
- Pour the melted pink chocolate in a piping bag, and set aside.
- Dip the filled dates in the melted dark chocolate; evenly coating each date.
- Remove and set aside. Wait for the chocolate to fully harden.
- Pipe pink chocolate on top of the chocolate dates and set aside.
Step 2 : Serving
- Place each chocolate date inside a small paper cupcake liner. Arrange them on a serving plate or jar and serve.
Chef's Tips: You may use any type of dates according to your preference
Substitutes: Instead of strawberry jam, peanut butter or almonds are great alternatives for fillings.