These slightly crisp and chewy rice noodles are drenched in a thick gravy full of tender sliced beef and various vegetables. It's an awesome one-dish meal that will have you craving for more.
- 150g flat rice noodles
- 2 tsp + 1.5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 0.25 tsp ground white pepper
- 100g beef
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 40g carrot (diced)
- 30g oyster mushroom
- 30g baby corn
- 20g onion (diced)
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp seasoning sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 300ml + 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp potato starch.
- spring onion (sliced)
- bean sprout.
1. Cook the flat rice noodles
- In a pan, cook the flat rice noodles with 2 tsp oil and add light soy sauce and white pepper.
- Cook until the noodles are slightly charred with a little crispness on the edges.
- Transfer to a plate with the bean sprout and lettuce.
2. Prepare the sauce
Cook the garlic with 1.5 tbsp oil until fragrant and add the beef, onion, carrot, baby corn and oyster mushroom.
Stir and toss to combine.
3. Season the sauce
Season with seasoning sauce, sugar, oyster sauce and light soy sauce.
Stir and toss to combine before adding 300ml of water and bringing it up to the boil.
Mix potato starch with 2 tbsp of water, add into the sauce and stir until thickened.
4. Combine and serve!
- Pour the sauce atop the noodles and garnish with spring onion, lettuce and bean sprouts.
- Slice the beef thinly to ensures it's palatable and cooks evenly.
- You can substitute the beef with chicken, pork or seafood.
- Adjust the amount of vegetables to your liking.
Asian Food Network