Police have issued a warning after Grace Millane's murderer was named on New Zealand social media in breach of his name suppression.
"Although the homicide trial concluded yesterday, a suppression order which prevents naming the defendant remains in place and will do so until lifted by the court," says Detective Inspector Scott Beard.
"While we appreciate the public feeling around this case, we do want to remind the public that it is an offence to breach a court order such as a name suppression - this includes naming someone on social media."
Millane's killer was found guilty of her murder on Friday. The 27-year-old man had been on trial over the British backpacker's death for the past three weeks.
While his name suppression continues in New Zealand, he has been named by overseas media following the verdict. His identity was also revealed last year after Google named him in a news email.
Justice Minister Andrew Little said at the time breaching the murderer's name suppression is a serious breach of judicial law.
"The suppression orders handed down by the New Zealand court have to be adhered to in New Zealand," he said.
"If that means a name is suppressed for whatever period of time then we've got to abide by that."
Millane's murderer will be sentenced in February.