An appeal for information has been made by police after offensive videos about Grace Millane emerged on social media.
"We will be making inquiries into this matter," says Det Insp Scott Beard, who led the investigation into the British backpacker's disappearance and murder.
"The comments made in the video are offensive and would be extremely upsetting to Grace's friends and family and to the wider community."
Originally posted to an Instagram story, the vidoes have since reposted to Twitter. Newshub has chosen not to reveal the contents of the clips.
Social media users have labelled the comments made in the videos "grotesque" and "revolting".
Det Insp Baird told Newshub that anyone with information about the identity of the person who originally posted the videos should contact police on 105.
Millane's killer was found guilty of her murder last month, and will be sentenced in February.
A young artist from Essex in the UK, Millane was in New Zealand on an overseas experience, having travelled from South America.
She was reported missing on December 5 after she failed to contact her family on her birthday on December 2.
The backpacker's disappearance spurred a police investigation that gripped the nation and shocked the world.
On December 8, a 27-year-old man - who had been seen on CCTV footage entering an Auckland hotel with Millane - was charged with her murder. The young Brit's body was found a day later in bush off Scenic Dr in the Waitakere Ranges.
Vigils across the country were held in the backpacker's honour, while Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern made a personal apology to Millane's family for what had happened to the young woman.