Warriors playmaker Shaun Johnson has no hard feelings that his time with the Auckland club may be coming to an end.
The playmaker has one year left on his current two-year deal, reportedly worth seven figures a season, and the club has reportedly told Johnson he's free to test his value on the market.
If he wanted to remain at the club, he'd have to take a reduced deal, similar to what Issac Luke signed to stay with the club.
The 28-year-old has been part of the Warriors programme dating back to 2009, when he played under-20s and went onto make his NRL debut on June 4, 2011 against the Sydney Roosters.
Since then, he has become the club's highest points scorer and is one of the team's most-capped players with 162 appearances.
- Former coach Tony Kemp suggests Warriors part ways with Shaun Johnson
- Shaun Johnson will lead Warriors to title - Graham Lowe
Several clubs are reportedly interested in signing Johnson, with the Raiders being the most vocal, although the Sydney Roosters - a team that have tried to sign him in the past - are also interested.
Because Johnson has been away on international duties with the Kiwis, he hasn't had a chance to speak with the Warriors and that's something he plans to do after a short rest break.
"I've obviously been away for a little while, so I've sort of missed everything that happened back here," he said at Auckland airport.
"I haven't had any chats with anyone. I haven’t spoken to anyone at the Warriors - I can't really comment on what's going to happen until I do that.
"I'll speak to my manager and whoever is keen to have a chat really. There is not much I can say, I've just walked through these doors and haven't had a conversation with anyone.
"It is business at the end of the day. I made my debut and I've played all my footy at the Warriors, and it is a club that, regardless if I'm here or not over the next few years, I'll love."
Johnson said he had appreciated the messages of support from Warriors fans that don't want to see him leave.
"I've had awesome support - there have been lots of people who have sent positive messages.
"For now, I can't tell you what will happen. All I know is that I'm going to enjoy my break, going to enjoy spending time with my family and enjoying this sun, so I'm looking forward to that."
The news left many players stunned, including Cronulla Sharks captain Paul Gallen, who told Newshub he'd be shocked if Johnson left the club.
"I'd be surprised if he left the Warriors. He's a Kiwi born and bred, and that's his best fit," he said.
"I think he's a great player. He's a very marketable player and he's the type of player you want at your club."
Before the second test against England, Johnson's Kiwis teammate Kodi Nikorima told reporters that the Warriors had been "harsh" in their treatment of his New Zealand halves partner.
"I've spoken to Shaun about it," Nikorima said. "I thought it was pretty harsh the way it all came out and him being on the other side of the world, not having any control over that.
"I just told him, 'Stay focused, you're part of this team now and the rest will just take care of itself'.
"It just shows that this is a business we live and play in, unfortunately. No doubt when he gets back home, he'll sort it all out."
Several NRL playmakers come off contract at the end of next season, with Luke Brooks, Mitchell Moses, Corey Norman, Te Maire Martin and former Warrior Ata Hingano all set to become free agents in 2020.