Early morning Waikato house fire

  • 12/07/2015

Two people suffered smoke inhalation at the scene of a Waikato house fire early this morning.

Four fire trucks were called to the Carr St residence in Tuakau around 3am.

Northern fire communications shift manager Jarom Phillips told the New Zealand Herald an adult and child both suffered smoke inhalation.

He said the fire spread through the roof of the house before firefighters gained access and managed to control the blaze.

Four firetrucks also attended the scene of a house fire in Ladies Mile, Remuera last night around 8:40pm.

The blaze is believed to have been caused when a chimney caught fire and spread throughout the house.

No one was injured in the fire.

3 News