Mexican authorities have invited international experts from the United States, Canada and Europe to join a new investigation into whether 43 missing students were incinerated at a garbage dump last year.
Attorney General Arely Gomez says three forensic experts from Mexico and four others from the United States, Canada, Germany and Spain will take part in the probe.
Prosecutors say corrupt police in the southern city of Iguala attacked the students on September 26, 2014, and handed them over to the Guerreros Unidos drug gang, which killed them and burned their bodies in the nearby town of Cocula.
But independent investigators from the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights concluded last month that there was no scientific evidence that the students were incinerated at the Cocula landfill.
Gomez told the Senate that her office had also invited Jose Luis Torero, a Peruvian fire expert who was cited in the report of the commission's independent investigators.