Man bites into Ferrero Rocher, finds maggots

Ferrero Rocher maggots
The maggot can be seen wriggling on the chocolate (Facebook)

It's the food horror story we fear the most - a man in Melbourne bit into a Ferrero Rocher chocolate to find a maggot wriggling within.

"Hi Woolies, I was wondering if you could pass this on to my good mate, Mr Rocher," Farhad Navidi posted to the Woolworths Facebook page.

"I recently purchased one of his delicious chocolates from your store. Upon opening one to cleanse my palate, I noticed something white in the shell."

He says he thought it was a new flavour - maybe with white chocolate.

"But then it started moving…" he wrote.

Mr Navidi, 27, told the Daily Mail Australia his friend had first put the chocolate in his mouth before they made the grubby discovery.

"He took it out and saw it was almost hollow with holes in it.  He then yelled 'come on' really loudly when he saw some maggots in the wrapper.

"We opened up a few more of the chocolates from the same box and saw they all had maggots in them."

Woolworths replied to Mr Navidi, saying: "We're very concerned about this, Farhad, and take incidents like this very seriously. For your awareness this has been escalated for immediate investigation."

The company also offered him an apology and a voucher.

Newshub.