A school girl in the United Kingdom is facing years of surgery after a battery burnt through her septum, after being lodged in her nose for months.
Seven-year-old Kelsie Heath was playing with a toy when she placed one of its small batteries up her nose and it got stuck, the Daily Mail reports.
The battery leaked and burnt through her septum and was picked up by x-ray after several hospital visits. Kelsie was living with foster parents at the time of the incident and it was five months before it was noticed.
She now suffers headaches, ear infections and nose bleeds as a result of the battery blocking up her nose tunnel. Kids at school have bullied her about the incident, her mother says.
Kelsie now faces four or five surgeries to repair the damage, beginning this UK summer and progressing through her teenage years and into adulthood.
Her mother says she's brave and has a high pain threshold, and is excited about having surgery on her nose even though the pain might not go away immediately.