An Australian couple in their 30s got the shock of their lives after finding a highly venomous snake in their bedroom on Wednesday morning.
The discovery of the eastern brown snake led to a distressed call to snake catcher Stewart Lalor at around 10am.
"I received a call from a woman informing me about the snake," he told Daily Mail Australia. "She told me that it was on their bedroom."
"But when I got there, the snake had quickly moved up to the couple's bed and I eventually found it under their blanket."
Mr Lalor added that eastern browns fortunately have no interest in humans and are only dangerous when interacted with - however, a situation like this could've become quickly unfavourable.
He reported that the snake was removed within minutes.
It has now been relocated to a creek in south Brisbane.