iPhone battery explodes after man bites it

Apple's logo might have a bite taken out of it, but a Chinese man has escaped serious injury after taking it a little too literally.

CCTV footage posted to the internet shows the man, while shopping for a new battery, test a battery's authenticity or durability by biting it. It explodes in his face, engulfing him and a woman standing nearby in a brief ball of fire.

Taiwan News said no one was injured, citing local media reports.

Apple has started offering discounts on replacement batteries after admitting it slows down older phones to stop them crashing.

It's not known if the explosive battery in the video was a genuine Apple product or a fake, which are cheap and plentiful in China.

Newshub.