Former Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein has pleaded not guilty to a new indictment ahead of his upcoming criminal trial on charges of rape and predatory sexual assault.
Weinstein entered his plea in a New York state court in Manhattan, where his trial was delayed by four months, to January 6. The indictment was not immediately available.
- Alleged victim of Harvey Weinstein says there are thousands of others, and she's not the only Kiwi one
- Harvey Weinstein story to be made into 'horror film'
- Harvey Weinstein could be hit with more rape charges
The office of Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance has accused Weinstein of having sexually assaulted two women, in 2006 and 2013.
Prosecutors revealed in court papers earlier this month that they would seek to bring a new indictment to allow jurors to hear testimony from a third woman who has said Weinstein raped her in 1993.
The woman is actress Annabella Sciorra, known for her role in the HBO series The Sopranos.
Weinstein, 67, was to have faced a September 9 trial date in New York state court in Manhattan but it has now been delayed to January 6.
Once among Hollywood's most powerful producers, Weinstein has pleaded not guilty to five criminal charges in the earlier indictment, including rape and predatory sexual assault. He could face a life sentence if convicted.
The two women in the earlier indictment are among roughly 70 who have accused Weinstein of sexual misconduct dating back decades. Weinstein has denied the allegations and said any sexual encounters were consensual.
Lawyers for Weinstein have asked that the trial be moved, perhaps to Suffolk County on Long Island or to Albany County upstate, because intense media scrutiny in New York City would make it impossible for him to get a fair trial there, according to a court filing.