Here's how to make a delicious Malaysian nasi goreng USA - the 'USA' stands for udang (prawn), sotong (squid) and ayam (chicken).
Serves four people.
- 100g squid (sliced)
- 100g chicken breast (sliced)
- 100g prawns
- 8 shallots (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 large red chili (sliced)
- 1 tbsp chili paste
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (green peas, carrots and corn)
- 1 cup cabbage (sliced, substitute with any other leafy vegetables)
- 1 spring onion (chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 fried egg (sunny side up) - optional
- Vegetable oil
1) Fry aromatics
- In a pan, heat 3 tbsp vegetable oil and fry shallots, garlic, red chilies and chili paste for 5 minutes, until fragrant.
2) Stir-fry chicken, prawn, squid and vegetables
- Add in chicken, squid, prawns, green peas and cabbage.
- Mix well and stir-fry for 5 minutes until proteins are cooked.
3) Add eggs and scramble
- Push ingredients to one side of the pan and crack 2 eggs on the other side.
- Scramble eggs for 1 minute before mixing with the rest of the ingredients.
4) Toss in spring onions
- Remove from heat and mix in chopped spring onion.
Plate and serve!
- Transfer nasi goreng to serving plate and serve hot with sunny side up on the side.
Asian Food Network